Parents Frequently Asked Questions
How can Alpha Sigma Tau benefit my daughter?
Through a variety of events and programs, members will develop their leadership and time management skills, and have the opportunity to connect and network with 80+ girls. Members not only benefit from their collegiate experience, but also have the ability to remain involved beyond college as alumnae.
What is required of my daughter to join?
We require good academic and financial standing, as well as participation from our members. What this means is your daughter will need to meet the required GPA (2.8), be able to pay all dues and fees on time, and attend the minimum amount of chapter events in order to remain in good standing.
What is your Anti-Hazing policy?
Alpha Sigma Tau, as well as the rest of the sororities at CMU, has a zero-tolerance policy against hazing. Any woman found accountable for hazing will no longer have the privilege of membership.
How can I be involved with my daughter’s experience?
Parents/guardians make such a great impact on our chapter, so we encourage you to be involved during this exciting time in your daughters college career. Here are some ideas on how to be involved.
- Look through this website, our pictures, social media, and ask questions!
- Attend Parents Day this semester on April 23rd. This is a time to really get to know our sisters on a personal level, and see the passion we have for our chapter first hand. Eat good food, meet other parents, watch our award ceremony, and tour our house!
- Make a contribution to our Philanthropic events.
- Ask questions about recruitment, big sister, weekly meetings, and upcoming events.
- Talk openly with your daughter about her experience as an AST, and ask if theres anything you can do to help her personally.